SquirrleyMojo:

Bet You Thought I'd Never Write Here

Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Must I Make That Drive Today?

I'm sure I have a disease--
let it be known that I knew
all along.

I'll look back on this post and think aha!
I knew it.

Meanwhile, I finished my second syllabus just now:
I put it off and put it off
then BAM
finished it in like 20 minutes (tweak here and there).

Not sure how I feel about that . . .

Do you have chores and projects that you put off
until you no longer remember or care why you put them off?
then, BAM, they are finished??

Overwhelmed, I went to bed last night just before 9pm;
I woke up every hour, on the hour, until 7am.
Too restless to pack (plus we ran out of boxes).
I'd rather just run in circles blathering,
then eat some Mexican.

3 Comments:

At 9:40 AM, Blogger MC Etcher said...

The BAM factor is an interesting one - it happens to me all the time.

I think it's this: the brain is constantly processing on 20 different levels at all times. (yes, even our brains) You were working on that sillybus for weeks without realizing it.

Funky how that works.

 
At 11:36 PM, Blogger SquirrleyMojo said...

Totally correct MC--they teach us that in grad school, but we aren't suppose to mention it to the beer guzzling freshmen. odd, isn't it?

 
At 10:31 PM, Blogger dot said...

Weird. I never use the word BAM. I wrote it in my comment above, then I scrolled down and saw it twice in this post.

MC has an interesting theory. Sometimes stuff is stewing in our subconcious mind while we carry on with our day to day stuff. The human mind is amazing.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home