SquirrleyMojo:

Bet You Thought I'd Never Write Here

Sunday, September 18, 2005

O Give Me a Blog, Where the Bloggy Blogs Blog and the Blogs are all Bloggy All Day

Blog Blog on the Range!

My partner and I hiked for a couple of miles
this September afternoon.
At one point I thought we had gotten off path.

Even so, the wild grass was fine
under our feet
with lots of pink sprays.
We had sturdy sticks.

When we emerged back onto the path,
we had cleared the top of a hill
that opened onto a glade of golden rod
and dainty yellow butterflies.

Much to my pleasure,
the path did not peak sharply;
rather, the top of the hill, along with
the autumn glade, flattened out for a bit
so that we could amble along
and enjoy the view.

Here's to hoping that walk,
and our quite rest on the bridge together at the end,
is a very long lasting metaphor.

9 Comments:

At 9:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Chesney-Zellwegger flop after four months
The marriage of the year on St. John has collapsed after four months. Rumors abound online about the cause of the breakup between Kenny Chesney, one of the island's part-time bartenders and Renee Zellwegger, ...
Hey
If you have some time please visit my site Easy ways to make fast money

 
At 11:39 PM, Blogger Lillee said...

Golden rod...ugh. Allergy city
Sounds lovely though

 
At 9:45 AM, Blogger Stacy The Peanut Queen said...

Spammers will be shot on site!!! (Those damn pests!)

Anyway, it sounds as if you had a very nice hike (there's no place to hike around here...too many hotels and restaurants and hooligans....ugh).

P.S. - I loved the title of your blog entry today! ;)

 
At 12:11 PM, Blogger MC Etcher said...

Amble!

Great word, great activity, and we don't do it enough.

 
At 12:15 PM, Blogger swamp4me said...

Just a note for lillee, unless you have a contact allergy then goldenrod is not your allergen. Goldenrod does not have air-borne pollen. The little beasts that causes the nasal misery of fall are primarily ragweed and a few grasses...
I now return you to your regularly scheduled blog.

 
At 12:18 PM, Blogger swamp4me said...

Blast! I meant to delete that "s" from "causes." Drives me crazy that you can't edit your comment once you hit publish.

 
At 7:27 PM, Blogger Fred said...

I loved the title to this post. I'm humming away with those words...

 
At 10:37 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

emm... bookmarked text..

 
At 1:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

мне кажется: шикарно. а82ч

 

Post a Comment

<< Home