SquirrleyMojo:

Bet You Thought I'd Never Write Here

Friday, October 07, 2005

Hello Happy Bloggers

Sorry I had to wait until Friday
to be happy--but you know how it goes.

A little drizzle is dazzling the fall colors
of leaves spinning and flitting in the wind
outside my office window.

In a few minutes I will grab my umbrella
and head out for a stroll
to a small coffee shop down past the campus green
for a Womens Studies department meeting.

Ironically, my goal is to keep silent,
not to say anything stupid today. Smile, nod, agree--
and get on with my grading.

Forty Plus papers--a few students appear
to actually be learning. Strange on this October day.

I feel like having children
just so I could run home, drink apple cider, carve pumpkins,
and watch the Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown on DVD.
MMMmmmmmm . . . this could be a good weekend.

8 Comments:

At 2:08 PM, Blogger Thelonius said...

Sounds like a nice day. I just finished a pile of grading. Having trouble dispelling the holiday feeling so I can do some of my own work. Oh look, it's lunchtime!

 
At 3:45 PM, Blogger Stacy The Peanut Queen said...

I love Fall too!

I do indeed hope it is a great weekend for you! :)

 
At 3:58 PM, Blogger MC Etcher said...

Silent. Hee hee heee. Hee!

 
At 3:58 PM, Blogger MC Etcher said...

Hee hee hee hee hee

 
At 4:02 PM, Blogger SquirrleyMojo said...

[SQMojo Grins at Mike's Hehehehe]


Keep silent and they think the best of you, you know.

Guess what? I was offered to create a WS200 that would explore women in cyber space !!!

Of course I will need help from all of my cyber friends--especially a gal named Lit--

 
At 5:22 PM, Blogger Litany said...

WHO SUMMONS ME?

Oh, it's SQ! :o)

How can I help?

 
At 8:00 PM, Blogger Happy and Blue 2 said...

Have a good weekend..

 
At 11:44 PM, Blogger Lillee said...

I'll rent you my Kids...I'll even throw in snacks to eat while watching Charlie Brown. Then hubby and I will be off to ummm....do some discovering in a pile of leaves.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home