SquirrleyMojo:

Bet You Thought I'd Never Write Here

Friday, November 04, 2005

Your Exam Shows You Have Laryngitis

Our dinner didn't turn out to be much of a date.
As soon as my partner "heard" me
try to speak, he convinced me to go to Urgent Care.

I agreed because I felt pressure in my ears.

My doctor, obviously from Ghana
because he spoke with the same accent as my 151 student,
found it extremely amusing that I had lost my voice.

My nurse asked if I had lost it--
yelling at "him." Har Har.


So, my partner is out now filling my scripts,
and for the first time, I feel a little woozy and scared . . .
He's rather cold to me
and refuses to touch me.
Irrevocable damage, no doubt.

Meanwhile, this weekend?
Doctor's orders:
"Treatment is mainly voice rest. Talk as little as possible (this includes whispering). Use written notes to communicateuntil your voice is back to normal."

So, right when we need to talk the most,
I physically can't.

6 Comments:

At 4:34 AM, Blogger sumo said...

Oh Squirrles dearie...you are in a pickle aren't you? And it's not a pretty one either. Give that voice box a rest and he'll be missing you as much as you will him. Sometimes it can be several days...but the love eventually envelops all.

 
At 9:01 AM, Blogger kimmyk said...

maybe you can get one of those erase boards and write on it...wanna talk? and then have him go first..

sorry to hear you're still a sickie....
sort of ironic isn't it?

 
At 9:42 AM, Blogger Lillee said...

Awww. I hope you feel better soon. You need some soup!

 
At 8:52 PM, Blogger MC Etcher said...

No whispering?? That doesn't make any sense.

You don't use your vocal chords while whispering... Hmn.

 
At 1:14 AM, Blogger Phil said...

Sorry to hear you're sick. that sounds like bad timing with the talking too

 
At 1:56 AM, Blogger SquirrleyMojo said...

mc--you don't believe me? o . . . the irony . . . the irony!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home