SquirrleyMojo:

Bet You Thought I'd Never Write Here

Friday, March 11, 2005

Et tu, Brute?

Yesterday was the last day of classes.
I was genuinely mawed by students
from 10:55am (the moment I walked into L Hall)
until 6:25pm (when I let my 152 out early
due to an allergy attack). Students: "Sorry I've waited
until the utter last moment of the quarter,
but is there anything we can do about my grade?"

I ate a nasty candy bar out of the vending machine at 5:20
while my class was filling out evaluations. If I passed
a water fountain in the hall, I tried to take a sip.

A friend from the department, a young, brash, single
mother, did not get into a PhD program that she applied
to for the fall. Utterly ridiculous. Trust me, this woman has
sacrificed all for her career, for this department.
Her CVA shined. She was involved in almost everything.
I suspect the problem
is contained within her referrences. So unfair.

My partner wrote a sonnet the other day.
I have yet to see it.

The reason I am on here!
I plan to do a bit of reading today & the next
couple weeks coming up.
I may limit myself to one post a day.
Unless something juicy comes up.

Anyway--everyone I "know" and love on here hates
Blogger at the moment. I am beginning to see why:

1. Happy and Blue has left the building. I have a sick
fantasy that if we all try to leave 100 comments about
what we think of his new adventure, perhaps he will return.
XXX.

2. Blue2going left the most terrific
post yesterday! Yet, she seems quite irritated with Blogger
herself, and rightly so.
XXX.

3. Ramblings, if I may be so bold, left
one of the most poignant post he's written thus far,
in my short career on Blogger; sadly, Blogger is not allowing post
on his account either (error states: "Blog not Found").
XXX.

4. I must admit that I am quite surprised that no one has pestered
Millertarized.com, I know this person is
out of the blogger loop, so to speak--but her blog works d*mnit!
XXX.

5. Finally, I can only assume that this once charished site has indeed jumped the shark due to love.


Off I go, time to "heal" the wounds of this quarter
and prepare my amour for the next.
[No wise cracks from you, dawatcher. Have you walked in my shoes?]
I will teach the WS100 on a branch campus--which should
be interesting. I've selected a book: _Women's Visions_.
Am I whimping out? Using a book I mean.
Week One:Chapter One, Week Two:Chapter Two.
I am just so emotionally exhausted
from confronting all the racism and sexism
that's out there!
I will teach ENG152 on the main campus--again.
Don't know if I will use film. Damn plagiarism.
Wish there was a book out there for this class . . .

I should clean house, repair relationships too.
I'm being good to myself today:
Cream of Tomato Tortellini soup on the stove.

Hum, I really do feel better just blogging . . .

2 Comments:

At 1:32 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like to read comics. Chocolate is a bit sweet for my taste. Does Rogaine work on pubic hair? My clapper doesn't work anymore, maybe I should throw it away.

 
At 10:26 PM, Blogger MC Etcher said...

:o)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home