SquirrleyMojo:

Bet You Thought I'd Never Write Here

Wednesday, June 29, 2005

Let's Get It On, II

Sorry to have interrupted your regularly
scheduled program,
but that was some nasty sh*t you just don't forget [WS, MIB].

But I have Lysoled my foot, and the spot in the hallway,
so all should be good, right?

On with life.
You know, between us bloggers,
I'd probably feel better if I could let out
a tremendous howl . . . my partner _has_ left for work . . .

If you must know, here are a few things going on with me,
in my mundane life, right now:


[*] a friend of a friend's daughter is turning 13 on July 9th.
This is a wonderful, special young girl. My friend's friend wants
to do something special for the daughter, but after 13 years, has
ran out of ideas. At the same time, I've talked to the daughter
and she would just be happy with a few friends over--she thinks.
She really doesn't know what she wants at this age.

What would be a fantastic way to celebrate 13 wonderful years?

{btw--I can still feel the bird's squirminess under my toes}


[*] I imagine that if I had my own children and we were trampling
around South America this week, it would be much harder than I expected.
A stack of books about the Amazon would be on the coffee table,
but the kids would probably lay around on the floor
begging to go out in the pool or to play a video game.
I bet it would be so hard just to get
the little buggers to remember 5 facts about South America--not alone
complete projects like imaginative narratives and mosiac masks.
Sigh. But I would try.
I bet Twin A would be a little frustrated on Day Two of the trip
and ask when we were ever getting on the fricken plane.


[*] I'm making vast progress on putting together
my classes for this fall. Seriously.
I start each morning at 9am and finish by either 1pm or 3pm.
I've looked at the pics of some students
and have vowed to learn their names before the first day.
Soon I will have interesting tidbits
from my WS and ENG152 to post on here. Soon.

[*] I haven't started Html yet. Figure.

[*] Habitat for Humanity finally called back--what to do???!

[*] My yoga stances are becomeing more strengthened, more centered.
Meanwhile, I have pushed my spirituality to the corners of my mind.
This bothers me, but I can't quite face up to it--

[*] I _am_ reading. And I am thinking about what I read.
I just don't want to talk about it. Haven't seen any good films lately.
Although, I have heard alot about _Lava Girl and Shark Boy_ . . .

[*] I've begun a project in the basement. It's not a
TOP SECRET project or anything.

[*] Sigh. I haven't felt "it" (the desire to blog some insight)
since I came back from NC . . . well, except the grocery post--
which was fun, but days ago. I think it's all the summer anesthesia.

~~Gotta go: I have an urge to go spray my foot again~~

7 Comments:

At 10:39 AM, Blogger Tee said...

i'm hoping for your thunderstorm post, soon... ;)

 
At 12:10 PM, Blogger Stacy The Peanut Queen said...

So what's the not TOP SECRET project in the basement? I wish I had a basement...I'd have TOP SECRET projects there...you bet I would...;)

 
At 6:38 PM, Blogger Dragonfly said...

You know it´s - always - calm before storm... ;)

I will always remember my 13th birthday. I had classmates come over, yes, we had A PARTY. :D Then some bitches from upper classes decided that they were also invited, tried to keep them out. They broke the window on the way in. Ugh. Nasty. I will always remember my bodyguard. Such a cutie, cried infront of the class when he talked about his grandpa´s dead dog. Yeah, talk about the team spirit we had back then... *sighs* I´m sorry he´s so full of himself nowadays...
Hell yeah. And I was a geek...

 
At 9:15 PM, Blogger Happy and Blue 2 said...

I think having friends over would be fun for a 13 year old girl. A sleepover with movies and food.
But what do I know..

 
At 10:56 PM, Blogger Lillee said...

When my best friend turned 13, her mom got us a hotel room, filled it with food and let us go at it. We swam, ate, and flirted with the guys in the next room..who were...to old for us. But it was fun.

 
At 12:04 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ahem. You know about the popsicle. What's the top secret project?

At thirteen I think I just wanted my parents far away from me, unsocial miscreant that I was.

 
At 3:37 AM, Blogger kazumi said...

I had a combined birthday party with my best friend (who was eight days younger) when I was 13. We had a sleep over with 15 of our other close friends in the living room of my parents' house. We gave each other facials and make overs, ate copious amounts of junk, talked about boys, read magazines, painted our nails, watched videos, wrote letters and the next day went shopping where we flirted with strange boys and tried on clothes we could never afford.

I was happy to do anything as long as my friends were with me.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home