SquirrleyMojo:

Bet You Thought I'd Never Write Here

Wednesday, June 29, 2005

Ok Punks, Let's Get It On

Guess what I just stepped on?
Walking down the hall this morning,
thinking only of coffee, blogging, and my sister's children,
who are set to arrive in three hours,
I stepped on a small fuzzy, moist object
with my bare feet.

D*mn the cat, leaving out it's toys.

I sat down here to check my mail,
went to the restroom,
and then it hit me:
that isn't just some small yarn mouse
laying in the middle of the hall way.

When I peered closer
I discovered the object to be a wee tiny birdling
still gaping its beak, rolling its eye,
with its own feces near by.

Prepared the freak-out,
but it didn't really come.
I think I'm in shock.

As I type, my partner has just informed me
that it looked like a baby vulture.
"Vul--??"
The high pitched shriek is there,
but I've got it in check for the moment.
Will not give into the satisfaction.
Get real, a vulture?

I should have suspected this actually.
Zizek, ali Dragon, was extremely loving to me last night.
He slept at my feet.
I awoke around 4am and even pet him awile (which I never do).
And this morning he kept trying to get my attention,
but I just thought his fat butt wanted more food.

Little did I know that he had brought me a gift.

5 Comments:

At 11:42 AM, Blogger MC Etcher said...

Such a thoughtful cat! Just think, he coulda brought it into the bed for you.

You could have been rolling around in it for hours.

 
At 12:08 PM, Blogger Stacy The Peanut Queen said...

Ewwww......

 
At 5:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

a baby vulture? did I read that right?

I read this today: http://www.dadgonemad.com/2004/10/the_mouse_incid.html

It reminded me a little of your story. The story is from Dad Gone Mad's archives.

 
At 12:02 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aw. He loves you, Mojo.

We had a cat who would bring us a lizard every day and leave it on the porch for us. Maybe you'll start getting presents all the time now?

 
At 9:39 AM, Blogger swamp4me said...

If it helps at all to know, it definitely wasn't a vulture. Most likely just a songbird from the neighborhood. With any luck it was a starling or english sparrow...
(Can I do a little, mild "keep the cat indoors" campaigning here? No? Oh well...)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home